COLORFUL Masterpiece Series-Ephesians 2:10October 22, 2008
“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Eph 2:10
So what does this verse mean? Let’s take it apart to better understand this “masterpiece” Christ is painting in all of us.
1. HIS Workmanship
- Another verse to declare this would be Psalm 139 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-15
- We are his masterpieces made in His image, we should embrace “His Workmanship”
- Workmanship also denotes a bent of passion and dedication in the creator to his masterpiece. Christ is working on all of us, as a carpenter would a piece of wood. We are to conform to His image.
2. Created IN Christ
- If we are truly created IN and THROUGH Christ Jesus, then we should embrace the “differences” in others.
- We are the body of Christ… even those things that drive us nuts about the other person…
3. God prepared beforehand
- God is the master architect… we all fit into HIS providential plan in some way.
- Just as we fit into His plan, so do those around us… the key is to learn to understand what makes others tick.
4. We should walk in them.
- God designed us for a particular purpose, we should find our “sweet spot” and walk in it
- Don’t spend time focusing on the perversions of our strengths, but rather on the way Christ can work through them.
So now that you understand the verse, let’s discuss more on the COLORFUL Masterpiece Christ is painting in us all.
If you would like more information on this series or would like for a training to be done for your organization, please contact Christan Management Consulting.